About Macedonia World Baptist Missions, Inc.
Macedonia World Baptist Missions, Inc. was organized in 1967 by Baptist Pastors in the Atlanta, Georgia area primarily for work in the country of Haiti. Since 1974, Macedonia has grown to a worldwide organization with missionaries working in 43 foreign countries and 23 states.
The purpose of Macedonia World Baptist Missions, Inc. is to assist local independent Baptist churches in the servicing of their missionary families as they are sent forth around the world to propagate the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the goal of establishing local New Testament Churches.
Macedonia World Baptist Missions, Inc. is pretribulationist, premillennial, and fundamental in doctrine and separatist in practice, opposing modernism, ecumenicalism, neoevangelicalism and the charismatic movement.
Macedonia World Baptist Missions (MWBM) is a faith missions agency. The support of the Home Office is maintained by designated freewill offerings. The services provided by MWBM on behalf of the missionaries are done to assist the church without any type of service charge or administrative fee to the missionary. None of the Executive Board members, the General Director, nor Field Directors draw any kind of salary from the Home Office fund. Each missionary is responsible for procuring his own support and is expected to have full support before leaving for the field. Detailed financial records are maintained on all donations, and a tax deductible receipt is issued for each donation.
*The candidate must be a born again Christian. *The candidate must have a definite call of God to missions. *He or she must be a consistent Christian. The candidate must have at least Bible school training or approved practical experience. (More details about qualifications may be obtained upon request.)
Fields Of Service
1. Evangelism: The immediate aim of MWBM is to “preach the gospel to every creature.” We believe that all men are lost and undone and the only remedy for their sin is the gospel, the good news that Jesus Christ, the Virgin Born Son of God has died for their sins, shed His blood that they might have forgiveness, and was raised for their justification.
2. Church Planting: The ultimate aim of MWBM is the indigenous church principle. An indigenous church is a church that is produced and thrives in its own native country and climate. MWBM is actively engaged in indigenous church planting, both at home and abroad.
3. Bible Institutes: In order to have preachers and teachers in the indigenous church it is necessary to train young people as they are saved. We not only must make disciples but we must disciple the converts.
4. Missionary Aviation: The airplane has long been used in the propagation of the gospel. It supplies the missionary with needed supplies, helps him to reach otherwise inaccessible areas, and is invaluable in the event of emergencies.
5. Missionary Printing And Publication: The printed page is one of the most effective tools that can be placed in the hands of the missionary. The printing and supplying of Gospel tracts and Bible study courses, prayer cards, stationary, and prayer letter service are part of this vital ministry at Macedonia. Though “helps ministries” are a necessary part of worldwide evangelization, they are not an end in themselves. It must be emphasized that the primary purpose of MWBM is the establishing of self-supporting, self-governing, self-propagating, Baptist churches.
Statement of Faith
1. The plenary, verbal, Divine inspiration of Scripture, consisting only of the 39 Old Testament and 27 New Testament books, in the original language, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and as the Word of God, the supreme and final authority in faith and life. We believe that the Word of God has been divinely preserved in the King James Version of the Bible for English speaking people.
2. The triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Sovereign Creator, Sustainer and Ruler of the Universe.
3. The essential, absolute eternal Deity; and the real and proper, and sinless, humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
4. His birth of the Virgin Mary.
5. His substitutionary, expiatory death.
6. His resurrection from among the dead in the same body in which He was crucified, and the bodily return of this same Jesus to the earth in power and great glory to judge the earth and establish His Millennial Kingdom.
7. The “blessed hope” of the Christian in the personal, premillennial, and imminent coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to gather the Church “which is His body” unto Him.
8. That the Holy Spirit enters, seals. and baptizes one the moment he is born into the family of God through faith in Jesus Christ, and that He endues, guides, teaches, sanctifies, empowers, and keeps the believer eternally secure.
9. Salvation, the effect of regeneration by the Spirit and the Word, not by works but by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ.
10. The abiding presence and ministry of the Holy Spirit in each regenerate life.